• Olá Visitante, se gosta do forum e pretende contribuir com um donativo para auxiliar nos encargos financeiros inerentes ao alojamento desta plataforma, pode encontrar mais informações sobre os várias formas disponíveis para o fazer no seguinte tópico: leia mais... O seu contributo é importante! Obrigado.

Notícias Punter cashes out £800k bet early - then watches in horror as goal goes in minutes later

Roter.Teufel

Sub-Administrador
Team GForum
Entrou
Out 5, 2021
Gostos Recebidos
Punter cashes out £800k bet early - then watches in horror as goal goes in minutes later

3_footballbanner1.jpg

Ethan Conway from Mountain Ash, had bet on three Premier League results on the final day of the 2023-24 season - and walked away with an impressive sum

A footie fan was left gutted after he missed out on a massive £800,000 football bet win because he cashed out just minutes too early.

Welshman Ethan Conway, a 24 year old scaffolder from Mountain Ash, had placed a £219 bet on three scores on the final day of the 2023-24 Premier League season on Sunday (May 19).

Ethan had correctly predicted the results for Brighton 0-2 Manchester United, Liverpool 2-0 Wolves, and Sheffield United 0-3 Tottenham Hotspur. But when Diago Dalot netted the first goal for Man United, making it 1-0, Ethan decided to play it safe and cashed out £5,130 with just 15 minutes left of the game.

He was chuffed with his winnings until Rasmus Hojlund made it 2-0 in the 88th minute. If he had held on for just a few more minutes, he would have pocketed an incredible £814,000 from the 3717/1 bet.

Naturally, he was "gutted" to realise he had been so close to a life-changing fortune. "I was just tamping, really. Just heartbroken disbelief if anything," he said.

"I was looking at new cars, new houses, but obviously it's a different story now. [My family and friends] were in disbelief as well. But obviously they're happy that I won the five grand," reports Wales Online.

Ethan, who is a Liverpool supporter, watches football often and normally bets on matches every weekend but he said this is the first time he's got lucky and won as much as £5,000. "I just had a rough guess and it just came in. Just pure luck," he said.

He's putting the winnings away for a rainy day and says there's no way he'll be chasing his losses anytime soon. "I've come out of it now. I've just won that and run," he laughed.

"I probably will [bet again] but not yet. I'll have to get over this one first. It's just the 50/50 chance of it you either cash out or you don't. I'm just gutted really."

Daily Star Sunday